The Blast Shop (TBS) is a leader in powder coating applications. With two plants, conveniently located between Chicago and Milwaukee, TBS completes and delivers your powder coating project on time and within budget. The Blast Shop has the knowledge, experience and equipment to handle all your powder coating needs. Rest assured that your parts will be properly prepped before we apply the powder coating. In fact, proper preparation and pretreatment are critical to achieve a long-lasting powder coated finish.
Why Powder Coating?
There are real advantages of powder coating over conventional liquid coatings:
- Powder coatings emit zero or near zero volatile organic compounds (VOC).
- Powder coatings can produce much thicker coatings than conventional liquid coatings without running or sagging.
- Powder coating overspray can be recycled and thus it is possible to achieve nearly 100% use of the coating.
- Powder coating production lines produce less hazardous waste than conventional liquid coatings.
- Powder coated items generally have fewer appearance differences between horizontally coated surfaces and vertically coated surfaces than liquid coated items.
- A wide range of specialty effects is easily accomplished, which would be impossible to achieve with other coating processes.
- 30’ x 12’ x 12’ powder coat booth
- 15’ x 8’ x 8’ powder coat booth
- 30’ x 12’ x 12’ batch oven
- 38’ x 25’ x 13’ blast booth
- 20’ x 10’ pressure island/ phosphate wash
- Line capacity of 250lbs. every 2’ – 10,000lbs per hour
- 900’ of conveyor
- 3’ to 8’ per minute line speed
- 6 stage wash including laser scale removal, with stainless steel tanks and composite upper housings
- Manual and automatic spray booths with 3’ x 6’ x8’ part window
- 160’ oven with 20 to 40-minute cure cycle
- 350* dry off oven
- State-of-the-art Equipment
*Note that actual color/texture may differ; please request a sample to get an exact representation.
Why Media Blasting
The Blast Shop has the experience and the capacity to handle even your most challenging media blasting requirements. With one of the largest indoor blast booths in the area, we can handle parts up to 10,000 lbs.
- Blast Booth One: 38’L x 25’W x 13’H
Rest assured that we have the skills and technical experience to match. In fact, proper media blasting is a much of an art as it is a science. Using either Aluminum Oxide or Steel Shot, we blast all metal substrates including, but not limited to:
- Wrought Iron
Why Municipal Structure Restoration
Maintaining the appearance of your municipal structures is critical to your town’s appearance and reputation. While replacing aged or weathered structures typically involves tremendous expense, we can restore them instead, as long as the integrity of structure is sound. The Blast Shop has experience in municipal structure restoration and is able to advise you on the feasibility of restoring a variety of metal structures.
Typically any metal structure that can removed and shipped, can be restored. We can arrange for shipping, disassembly and reassembly.
Metal structures may include:
- Bus shelters
- Light posts and light fixtures
- Rails and fences
- Trash receptacles
- Markers and plaques
- Plus many more
Contact The Blast Shop to determine if your municipal structures are suitable for restoration.